Thursday, July 2, 2009

Will We or Won't We

Our guests have left, the shepherd's pie went over very well. I made it with ground turkey breast and they loved it.

They aren't getting along very well with one another and were fighting a little on their smoke breaks. I thought I heard raised voices. Do all couples fight so much? I know me and the spouse argue or bicker about dumb shit but not often when out with friends. It happens sometimes but then she flirts with me and won't stop coaxing me out of whatever petty bullshit thing.

When my friend's girlfriend went to the bathroom, my friend started telling me about this distance that's been growing between them. It's really upsetting her, she bought her a ring, is supporting her partner financially, and wants affection but doesn't get any. No hugs and only quick pecks on the lips. I said maybe she's depressed. She said maybe but she's getting over her. I get why she's over the struggling but they probably won't break up like she threatens. And I bet the distance will grow.

I'm going to go ahead and be a dick here today. Most relationships I've witnessed between women, maybe 3 out 20 couples really like each other and don't fight often. Everyone else is in stupid conflict over stupid crap all the time. "Did you hear what she just said?" "Why does she have to talk to me like that?" "I'm sick of it."

I don't think we'll do it tonight. I'm kind of drained from the day and evenings' activities. I think I have cramps too. Sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment